Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 1:41 pm

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 811307
Goodnite babe!

I have a $20 headset, the thing is the lenth is prolly as long as my arm. Rolling Eyes
I think Morty needs something with a few feet of cord, unless he goes wireless, but IMO wireless sucks the big ones.
Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LOUDOG IS MY BIRTH-GIVEN NAME
Back to top Go down
Toxxy
Ninth Nation
Toxxy

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 1:45 pm

Evil or Very Mad hardcore game earlier.
this "person" on my team.
kills me to steal my carepackage!
what next I ask!
Evil or Very Mad What a Face

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 1:46 pm

lol, I have a friend that does that all the time, what-a-jerk!
Mad

Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 2:39 pm

More games need kick buttons.

Back to top Go down
Jon1798
Seventh Nation
Jon1798

Nation Reputation : 17

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 3:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
thanks for the games last night monkey & john you guys did well every match
there was a couple of games where we finished 1.2.3 .
but it was hard work for me i only had 1.little red bar in all our games
but i was still happy with my games i managed to stay at all most 1 kd
only got smashed i 1 or 2 games so it was not to bad
dam shouting kids over the mic they bugged me more then the bad connection
still fun though

Was definitely a lot of fun. Unfortunately, any time you play with us, you're going to have a bad connection. I don't mind playing with a bad connect if you want to start up a party next time.

I had fun all weekend, lots of good games with everyone. Monkey and I definitely did some work for a while. It was an impressive stretch. In the game he went 26-0, I think I had 20 something too and probably helped in his not getting the nuke. I also had a 31 kill streak, but I never have the nuke on. Crying or Very sad

Sorry to everyone when I'm constantly bouncing off the game and back in. Have lots of things to take care of throughout the day. Might be on for a very short while today.

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:28 pm

Yup. Totally your fault I didn't get the nuke. Well, looks like we can't be friends anymore.
Razz
j/k of course.
Most likely, if you hadn't been tearing it up with harriers and chopper gunner too, then I wouldn't have been able to do that well.

Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:55 pm

I'll probably get the Resergence pack at some point, but right now I'd rather have the Secret Armory of General Knox for Boderlands.

BTW is it bad that I haven't been on MW 2 lately?

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:36 am

Nothing wrong with that SR. Just because you're the GL doesn't mean you have to play constantly.

Alrighty then. For my impressions on the rest of the maps.
Fuel I talked about already.

Carnival.
I love this one. Great for TDM. The inside places have twists and turns that make it somewhat less likely to be shotgunned to death in that they can't cover every direction. The outside places are large, but also have obstructed views. Sniping is still quite viable, but also a bit more limited. In everywhere but the UFO area the snipers have to stay fairly visible (at least the ones I've encountered so far).
The same factors make it work really well for CTF and Sabotage/Demolition.
Domination is a bit more interesting. A, B, and C are all within spitting distance of each other in a rough triangle. Every view is very obstructed though. The only problem this makes for is easy 'nade kills. Not launchers, mind, but frags and semtex. The games I played of this were really fast paced, which is odd for a Dom. Overall, I liked it though.

Trailer Park.
My least favorite. As Groovy said on the XX forums, "It's a bloodbath". It's okay for TDM, but objective matches are murder.
In Dom, I invariably get spawn trapped at A. Only four more or less straight paths to get from one side of the map to the other, and a great many murder holes. The right side exit from A is particularly bad. One sniper sitting by the side of the chain link fence between B and C can hold that whole side in check alone. You cannot walk around that mail truck and live if the sniper is any good. You can try to go the other ways, but since they only need one guy on that side, that leaves you with two little trailers/death fortresses to deal with. There will be shotgun camping (well, it is a trailer park after all), and since the trailers have multiple rooms, a 'nade can't always flush them out.
Demo and Sab are a little better since you can't get forced into a spawn trap so easily.

Strike.
What little I've seen of it, I like. I've only gotten to play a couple matches on it, unfortunately. Hope to get in some more.

Vacant.
I'm a bit torn on this one. I've taken to carrying a shotgun as my secondary and switching when I go indoors. However, switching between a rifle and shotty takes a bit too long. I think the switch animation for handguns is faster, so I may have to go unlock some akimbo pistols again.
Camping isn't such a problem because there are multiple ways into anywhere. Sniping isn't too bad since about half the map is inside.
Good for TDM.
Passable for Dom, except that you can see B from A. If they'd shifted a wall a bit to the left, then it would be a bit better.
Very solid for Sab/Demo and CTF.
The twists and turns would give this a very Survival Horror feeling on Search and Destroy. lol

That's what I've gotten so far. Opinions may change as I get more experience.

Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:58 am

Nothing wrong with that SR. Just because you're the GL doesn't mean you have to play constantly.

Good to know Laughing. I've been going back and forth between RDR, Borderlands and R&C: A Crack In Time lately.

Ratchet keeps blowing up my pink car in Borderlands Sad

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 4:31 am

I'm starting to notice a pattern from my runs last night.
28-8, 19-12, 14-7, 6-15, 4-20.

Laughing

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
TRVJAG1
Sixth Nation
TRVJAG1

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 5:31 am

Well.. uh has anyone seen this dueltage??? If not, then you gotta watch it, so awesome

Old Sixth Nation member and Old Forum Dweller, generally inactive.

Vivid gamer however across majority of consoles. Main game i play is Battlefield on the Xbox 360.
Link to my Battlelog to find more information about my Battlefield career; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .
Link to my BF3 Stats; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .
Link to my BF4 Stats ; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .

Signatures (Battlefield 3:

Signatures (Battlefield 4:

Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:28 am

Thinking
Looks like you were gettin' your drunk on, gradually.
cheers

Nice review Monkey!
Crash/Strike/Vacant are all from MW1, suprised you hadnt played that game. Suspect
I agree that Vacant has some killer S&D games thats for sure.

I like the Trailor Park map, I think, IMO, its because I am that sniper, I sometimes sit by the mail truck with mah claymores in full force, and I also camp the benches with the beer cans and the 4 kegs. If you jump on the bench then on top of the keg, you get a pretty awesome view from 2 directions. I went 27-7 on that map, but ofcourse I play on Hardcore which IMO nets easier kills. Cool

Back to top Go down
PiNeAppLe_eNiMa
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:02 pm

New maps will be in regular rotation today, there's a fix coming for the peoples getting in the rock at Fuel, as well as the flashbangs not working - those issues should be fixed in a patch soon.

And, after 5 days off, I'll be on tonight again finally. Then I'm off for another 5 days or so.... Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:04 pm

Last night I joined a game full of XX and 1nk, ended up on the other side and got killed by Knockturnal in the Forklift room at Skidrow... I saw on the killcam that he was prone behind the Forklift, sniping, so I made my way back there and took cover at the large doorway right next to where he was still laying. I stepped out across the doorway, levelled my sights and one, two, three, four, five, six short blasts from my F2000, ADS, from about six feet away.. Careful not to spam the trigger and lose my aim... I took cover on the other side of the doorway, no kill. scratch

A grenade flew into the room and I moved away to the corner and wait for it to detonate, I return, drop to a crouch and take a quick look round the corner.. He's there but now in last stand, okay, maybe I missed with a few shots... I step out again, ADS and one, two, three, four bursts, all on target yet he stays in last stand... Porkchopz walks round the corner and drops me with one bullet. Crying or Very sad

My internet will not allow me to play this game anymore... Sad

.....Call yourselves Ninjas? Pshawww......

Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Nation Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:30 pm

Shocked you were in that game? Awww sowwy, I didn't notice. Kiss
Our XX guys like the HC. Cool

Back to top Go down
kratosXS
Sixth Nation
kratosXS

Nation Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:55 pm

You didn't notice our co-leader. Shocked I am horrified and completely shocked. Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'm never going to recover from this. pale pale pale

Our second in command hacked down without a second thought. Shocked pale Shocked

Then to add salt to injury, to tell him you didn't even notice. pale Shocked pale

That's cold, porky, very cold. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:57 pm

Awww he knows I heart him really.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 915210

Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:24 pm

Leonaaarrrrrrrdo337 wrote:
levelled my sights and one, two, three, four, five, six short blasts from my F2000, ADS, from about six feet away..

Heeeeeeyyyyy! I've started back on the F2000 too! (^_-)b It just sounds & feels cool. Heh.

Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:27 pm

hey sorry for not finishing up playing with you Hammy.
I just didnt feel like putting up with lag.

Then again... the lobbies we were in weren't that much better [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:35 pm

Nice review Monkey!
Crash/Strike/Vacant are all from MW1, suprised you hadnt played that game. Suspect
I agree that Vacant has some killer S&D games thats for sure.

I like the Trailor Park map, I think, IMO, its because I am that sniper, I sometimes sit by the mail truck with mah claymores in full force, and I also camp the benches with the beer cans and the 4 kegs. If you jump on the bench then on top of the keg, you get a pretty awesome view from 2 directions. I went 27-7 on that map, but of course I play on Hardcore which IMO nets easier kills. Cool
With my connection it nets easier deaths. No I need about a full second on someone if I'm gonna get the kill. I have to already be firing. Case in point, I was on Fuel the other night. I saw a guy starting to run up the stairs that I was atop. I knew to get the kill I'd have to back up and start firing before he actually reached the top. Otherwise, he'd get me first hands down even though we're on level ground. Gets really frustrating sometimes. Especially when you see someone suddenly and have the knife buried in their chest, only to keel over from their knife, and the kill cam says you didn't even press R3. VERY frustrating.

And, nope. I've never played a CoD before this one. Steep learning curve. lol

New maps will be in regular rotation today, there's a fix coming for the peoples getting in the rock at Fuel, as well as the flashbangs not working - those issues should be fixed in a patch soon.

And, after 5 days off, I'll be on tonight again finally. Then I'm off for another 5 days or so.... Evil or Very Mad
Glad to hear there's a fix coming. (Not really. Flashbangs are the bane of my MW2 game. Grr. *sigh* Paradise Lost again. Sad ) Didn't even know there was a rock glitch.

Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 4:02 pm

Okay, so for someone who's never played a COD game before (well, maybe a little of COD5), what's it going to be like for someone who's played Resistance or Half-Life/Team Fortress 2? I'd like to branch out my FPS's a bit and I'm looking at different options.

"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth."
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 4:45 pm

1) Got 5 kills. Predator then gets a double kill = 7 kills. Did the harriers unlock? Did they heck. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

2) Joined a game late to see it end with a Nuke. Seemed suspicious as once voice (age eight or so) asked Nuke setter how he got it. "Don't know, just sniped the whole game" (says other voice, also age eight). Decide to keep a close eye next round on the one who got a LOT of deaths. Sure enough, on Highrise he heads down into the basement and tucks himself into the niche under the stairs. 20 seconds later his friend from the other team arrives (I foolishly let myself get killed by him). I head back to find them both. I kill his friend and notice a tactical insertion. I destroy it. Do that a couple more times and they decide it doesn't work. But soon the guy on our team has a suspicious number of kills and they guy who got the nuke in the last game (not the one helping him this round) has a really suspicious number of deaths. Alas, I don't manage to find them, but fortunuately they weren't good enough to keep it up and the booster on my team ends up 30 something kills but without the nuke. Guy who got the nuke last round ends up 0 for 26. Then, assuming the rest of us are idiots, he says in the lobby afterwards with obvious fake surprise "omg, how did I get NO kills?!"

I. REALLY. GET. ANNOYED. BY. BOOSTERS.

Especially when they then try to pretend they weren't doing it.

But the bigger question is: why weren't they in school? Have Irish schools broken up for the summer already?

The other feature today was the number of matches that ended early when the host quit and no new host could be found. I guess as we move into the summer holidays and the kids who can't stand losing play more, we'll see an increase in this sort of stuff. Mayhaps time to call it a day on MW2.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 4:50 pm

Weellll they say that R2 IS COD. My first fps was RFOM and loved it. I couldn't get into R2, lol worst game in de woooorld imo. But annnyway, MW2 does take some getting used to especially after being used to one or two particular games. It can be frustrating as hell at times then on the other hand it can be really good fun. It does, like most games have it's share of issues, most mainly down to other players and connections, and the mic issue is really annoying Mad If you're not sure rent it if you can first and give it a try, although if you have played COD5 lol there isn't that much difference imo. Once you get used to the controls, perks and stuff, you'll be good to go. The solo side of it is good, although did seem to be a lil on the short side. Spec ops side is also a great fun.

I have never come across boosters. Maybe it's because I just play TDM? Thinking And I've only ever been nuked twice. Cool

Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 4:55 pm

I played maybe an hour of the COD5 campaign, got bored or something (don't remember), and returned it after borrowing it.

There was a point where 8/10 people who'd be online on my friends list were playing it, and it got a lot of good reviews. It can't be all that bad as something new and fresh.

And I'm sure that it'll be a bit frustrating at first as I'm not used to that many different shooters. But this is why I'm trying to branch out.

"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth."
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:51 pm

Im still under the belief that MW2 is easier than R2 online comp.

Just me.

If it comes to a choice between being a good soldier and a good human being -- try to be a good human being
Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sixth Nation Gaming :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Shooters-
Jump to: