Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Modern Warfare 3 thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Takes all that difficult brain use that goes into traditional boosting, I'm guessing.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 7:21 pm

How much fun is it to get in on this if I have practically ZERO experience when it comes to FPS MP?
I mean, I tried a few MW2 games (kinda late) but got beat pretty badly Laughing
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 7:39 pm

not very. you drop very quickly, and the whole game is actually just exploits and campers.
put it this way, to be good at COD games, one needs to: know the exploits and abusethem, and know where to camp and use that spot

I try to trophy whore, but I just get bored~

Last of Us FTW!
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
not very. you drop very quickly, and the whole game is actually just exploits and campers.
put it this way, to be good at COD games, one needs to: know the exploits and abusethem, and know where to camp and use that spot
Thought you liked MW2? scratch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Guess who's back, back again, Matty's back, tell a friend....
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 11:52 pm

only whrn i got bored. plus i realized soon after my phase of MW2 that cod is the same shit year after year and I don't want the rage thay cod brings. plus every cod is basically just a 60$ DLC to be honest

Last of Us FTW!
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:21 am

IMO, COD is primarily about precise twitch aiming/character movement & map knowledge. At least, it is if you want to play it aggressively. If I were to rank one over the other, I'd say map knowledge is most key. Head-glitching & proper lines of site can do WONDERS for your game, especially in team modes.

P.S. I'm getting MW3. (^_-)d

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:46 am

How much fun is it to get in on this if I have practically ZERO experience when it comes to FPS MP?
I mean, I tried a few MW2 games (kinda late) but got beat pretty badly Laughing
you should give it a rent or find a mate with it and play his to see if it is your thing or not.
i know you are a U2 lover and that game is about the dance and how well you can aim over a long gun fight this is not the case in CoD
it is about being in the best position the first bullet wins most of the time and map knowledge is key

uumm i dont agree i dont camp and dont glitch i run and gun/take control of and area of the map .tbh i dont think there is many glitches in blops scratch
im not saying its not there its just minimal imo that sort of game play will be in and shooter Wink

IMO, COD is primarily about precise twitch aiming/character movement & map knowledge. At least, it is if you want to play it aggressively. If I were to rank one over the other, I'd say map knowledge is most key. Head-glitching & proper lines of site can do WONDERS for your game, especially in team modes.

P.S. I'm getting MW3. (^_-)d

^^^^this and Reo watch reds vids Wink

and i will also be picking this up d-1 i think

cheers Az & SB

Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:06 am

so who is going to be the mw3 lead?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] pewpewpewpewpew [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

1 platinum away from having 1 platinum
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:12 am

so who is going to be the mw3 lead?

what do you mean?

cheers Az & SB

Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:33 am

the axis leader for this game. like how resistance 3 has em, and black ops leader is you

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] pewpewpewpewpew [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 2:08 am

the axis leader for this game. like how resistance 3 has em, and black ops leader is you

o i see i need to rename my sig its not accurate i am the CoD game series leader
any CoD game in the series i am the leader in .
i just had black ops leader in my sig coz its the most recent CoD game out Smile

mick if you look at our clan roster i says wadey CoD series leader Wink

cheers Az & SB

Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 3:07 am

DOH

Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

Nation Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 3:48 am

Two plus votes given.

I take offence to the statement you have to camp or glitch to be good at this series. I'm not great, but I can certainly hold my own and I never play dirty!

CoD is different to U2 or FoM in that it is quicker to kill and therefore you have to think a bit more about where you are and how you move to increase your chances of getting the drop on someone. Because map awareness is so important you will have a tough time if you start late and compete with people who know the maps better. If you pick it up day one, you will have a better chance of learning the maps along with everyone else and you will probably do better than your previous attempts.

Thanks to Street for the sig!

Bring on the Christmas newbs!
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 5:05 am

Two plus votes given.

I take offence to the statement you have to camp or glitch to be good at this series. I'm not great, but I can certainly hold my own and I never play dirty!

CoD is different to U2 or FoM in that it is quicker to kill and therefore you have to think a bit more about where you are and how you move to increase your chances of getting the drop on someone. Because map awareness is so important you will have a tough time if you start late and compete with people who know the maps better. If you pick it up day one, you will have a better chance of learning the maps along with everyone else and you will probably do better than your previous attempts.]

this is why i have move this to a day 1 pick up for myself

are you getting the hardened copy of this killy?
what does it get you?

cheers Az & SB

Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:05 am

Thanks for the replies, guys.
I'm aware of the fact that one needs to be a tad bit more conscious about their surroundings in this franchise.
I actually went from going like 3-7, 2-9 in first games to go even at least, much thanks to being more "stealthy" (not camping) and put more focus towards being aware of corners/roofs/windows etc.

I like the intensity it provides and I don't mind getting my own handed to me while learning the game.
My biggest concern was that basically the entire player pool are CoD veterans, much like it was when I played Mw2.

No shame in losing to guys with more experience, I think it helps me improve me further.
But when it is due to them having better perks/killstreaks/weapons or whatever, I can't help but feel a bit unfairly treated, haha Laughing

Oh well, as it looks now I will ditch Uncharted 3 and get this on release.
That way I'll hopefully get to play with some more of you "unknown" guys too Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 915210
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:40 am

finally we may join in the same game cheers

cheers Az & SB

Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:06 am

uumm i dont agree i dont camp and dont glitch i run and gun/take control of and area of the map .tbh i dont think there is many glitches in blops scratch
im not saying its not there its just minimal imo that sort of game play will be in and shooter Wink
I mean, as in to be consistently (evrn though its also impossible to be consistently good at COD as well.) good, you would need to be doing exploits and camping. There's too many variables that can put away a run and gunner, obviously, campers. As a run and gunner myself, I could never go consistenly good, because there was always somebody with a different set up than the last. I would write a more detailed description, but I'm in school and tping this on an IPAD Laughing

Last of Us FTW!
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:06 am

Reo, come visit me over at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I'm putting up COD4 commentaries right now until MW3 drops. If you can, post up because I can't bring myself to triple post. *pssst I've got two more vids on the way*

(^_-)d

Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Oh, I will check them out for sure, Red!

Any way to watch a played game?
I have a game that I would like to have people analyze and give me tips on Smile
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 5:08 pm

I would be willing to check out your vid! (^_-)d

Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:45 am

Thanks, but how do I access it? Couldn't see an option for "Replays/Cinemas".
Or do I need some sort of recorder? Sad
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 1:40 am

Thanks, but how do I access it? Couldn't see an option for "Replays/Cinemas".
Or do I need some sort of recorder? Sad

is it black ops or Mw2
if its Mw2 you cant
black ops has a theater mode witch holds your last 100 games i think it is and you can veiw them there or move them to your fire shear
and anyone can view them and record them for you as well Smile

cheers Az & SB

Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 11:08 am

Oh, well that's just typical. It's MW2, haha.

I'll just have to keep watching the vids of you guys and try to learn from them.
Or wait until MW3 gets out and have you all teach me. Wink
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 3:16 pm

I'm glad things like commando are gone, and refilling noob tube rounds, but I can't stand that quick scoping is in the game still. BO removed, why can't MW3. I shouldn't be able to run around with a Barret and insta-kill people on the run... Makes me so angry!

Building an army, one grave at a time!
Back to top Go down
Ichabod
Second Nation
Ichabod

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 thread   Modern Warfare 3 thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 5:03 pm

I couldn't agree with you more. Of all the complaints about MW2, I'd have to say quickscoping took the cake. I'm a little afraid, for myself, though. I play CoD on the Wii (yes, I know. I'm a sinner), but I enjoy the motion controls for it more than the two-sticks. (To each their own). We haven't had to deal with quickscoping, but now I can't be positive. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket?
Back to top Go down

Modern Warfare 3 thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 31Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sixth Nation Gaming :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Shooters-
Jump to: