Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Final Fantasy XIII

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 9:39 pm

Nope. Absolutely nothing special about her. Nothin' at all. Nada. Zip. Zero special things. Totally normal.

Smile

Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 Cobalt-1
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 10:14 pm

She not in any way ___________________.

And she isn't ______________--.

And ___________ isn't her fault either, so ___________ shouldn't be mad at her.

Nope, nothing interesting about her is noteworthy.

>.>
<.<

Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 OmegaSig2
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:16 am

hunch. Confirmed.

Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 Obsban10
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:01 am

Hahahha!
You newbs are too funny.
Laughing

Chapter 10 baby!

Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 200.gif?cid=aa094c255gs966uwy7enhwj17qpi0vz8l3ify72gyqfxeal7&rid=200
LOUDOG IS MY BIRTH-GIVEN NAME
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:42 am

Hehehe they take the "Down Under" seriously.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 Eb1yq9
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:07 am

Spongebobnopants wrote:
Hahahha!
You newbs are too funny.
Laughing

Chapter 10 baby!

hey! That would make you CAPTAIN NEWB since you havent' beaten it either compared to those who have. So, ha! Razz

Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:14 am

Back To Topic
lol!

Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 200.gif?cid=aa094c255gs966uwy7enhwj17qpi0vz8l3ify72gyqfxeal7&rid=200
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 1:39 am

Spongebobnopants wrote:
Back To Topic
lol!

Nice misdirection Wink

So I'm partway into chapter 7. I was surprised how I found out about vanille. It was about as subtle as a boot to the face when the info was given. But it was still well done. I'm liking the inner struggle and conflict that Hope is going through especially now that he's riding shotty with Snow.

The lack of Gil is annoying me. Only available through finding it and selling stuff. And I'm low on stuff. Urgh.

Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 1:46 am

Dude! Once you get to Chapter 9 you can run around that area grinding, beating easy enemies that yield good CP/Gil/and they usuaully drop Credit Chips or Incentive Chips. I grinded there for 2 days. Bought and sold items to upgrade my weapons and accessories before moving on to Chapter 10.
cheers

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:56 am

Gil will continue to be a problem. In fact, it's the major problem with the game, imo. Sorry Spongey, but those 100-500 Gil chips won't make a dent in the long run, if you plan on going after the Treasure Hunter trophy. Your weapons start costing hundreds of thousands of Gil. And that's not to mention the Dark Matters you'll need which weight in at 480,000 Gil apiece. You'll need 5. Now, those will drop from the hardest enemies in the game, but to beat those you pretty much need some of what you'd get for making things with the Dark Matters. Now, the best moneymaker in the game is the Platinum Ingot. It is worth 150,000. The problem is that it's dropped by the Dark Matter droppers little brothers, who are a pain to kill too. Moreover, even with the accessory that increases your drop rate, you still only have a 25% chance per fight to get one.
I've gone for over an hour farming the things without seeing one drop. It's a two minute fight too. Of course, it only becomes a two minute fight once you spend several hours grinding CP from a different fight, killing the same enemies over and over a few hundred times. (NOT an exaggeration)
This is really the one thing I hate about the game. They're trying to artificially inflate the play time by use of random drops, and forced grinding.
If killing a monster assured some reward, aside from CP which stops being useful once you've maxed all your classes (and you will by the time you grind enough to fight the high end mobs).
If you got a fair amount of Gil from fights without having to hope that the monsters might possibly see their way to being worth killing, then those prices might be in range by the end game.
If the Marks you have to kill were worth a fair amount of CP, then the grinding wouldn't need to be grinding. Most of the time it's not even enough for one node, and end game it isn't even a drop in the bucket for one.
Increasing rewards for increasingly harder work, instead of do increasingly harder work and at some point it might possibly pay off. Makes sense to me. Might make the game seem (even more) linear, but I'll take a linear increase over running in circles for hours any day.
I don't know. Maybe at some point I'll get bored enough to grind the rest of what I need, but I'm not sure. For me it was a good game, but it ends when the story does.

Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:57 am

Good post Monkey!
Good info there cheers

Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:58 am

Thanks for the feedback!

So the credit chips are good for selling then I guess since they're only worth 1 xp during customization....hrm..

Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:56 pm

Yeah Raist!
I sell all my chips and buy Sturdy Bones, Vibrant Ooze, and Crankshafts. Makes easy upgrading. Although I am still learning here, seems to work for me thus far. cheers

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:29 am

Don't bother with buying mechanical components. You'll get enough of those from repeating Marks. Most of them give only Bomb Cores (I think, the most cost efficient ingredient that you can't buy) the second time around so they're farmable. I didn't upgrade anything until Chapter 11 near the end, and that was just one weapon. The least time consuming way to upgrade is (again) farming Platinum Ingots and buying Ultracompact Reactors. This is mostly needed for weapons. You can upgrade most everything else from just what you'll collect along the way.

Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:15 am

Awesome tips Monkey!
bounce

Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:44 pm

Thanks again for the info guys Smile

Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

Nation Reputation : 30

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptySun May 09, 2010 8:33 pm

Bump

Anyways, I got this game today, and I have to say... I'm really enjoying it so far! I'm currently in Chapter 3 (not far, I know Razz ) and the story has already pulled me in... I'm excited to see where it's going next. Also, the battle system is different, I'll give it that, but it's not bad. Final Fantasy XII had my favorite battle system, with the real time open world thing going on, but the fast-paced, paradigm centered action of FFXIII is definately fun to mess around with Very Happy= :D

Oh, and my favorite FF cutie has changed from Rikku to Vanille Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 915210
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:27 pm

I hate swarms of enemies in this game. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:45 pm

Let me guess...the frog things? Those are the only enemies I can think of that actually swarm. Darned annoying. Or do you just mean the number of enemies in general? Many of them can be dodged around. I wouldn't suggest doing it too often though. You'll need the CP.

Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptySun May 09, 2010 11:03 pm

Yeah, I was definately surprised at the amount of enemies in some battles. The screen gets incredibly hectic... thank god for the Auto-battle button Razz
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:12 pm

I was thinking of some robot enemies that you would occasionally see in groups of 7; when they co-ordinated special attacks on the leader, it was game over.

Eidolon fights are annoying. Except Bahamut. Beat him on my second try. cheers
Though Alexander and Hecatonchieres where annoying.

Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:42 pm

Just on chapter 10. Just had a huge battle with
Spoiler:
. Was a looong battle but just made it under the wire on the second try. We're talking milliseconds hehe. Interested on how the story will go from here, mhmm.

Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:55 pm

Raistlin:
There is a tower. The tower is large, and long. Medic Synergist Sabeuter, Commando Ravanger Ravager. Be not afraid of big. Lightning is fine too, what comes after is better. D&D, defence is the best offense. Sniper in the open, OH DEAR GOD ITS BIIIIIIG. So don't fight it.

This will eventually make sense. Razz

Last edited by omega9 on Wed May 12, 2010 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:57 pm

Thank you for putting that in a spoiler tab, Raist. I'm really getting into the story Very Happy= :D

I'm in Chapter 6 right now, and I'm really started to hate being away from Snow for so long. He was my favorite character to play as in the first few chapters, so he'd better get his ass back to my party ASAP! Mad

Oh, and Cid + Airships = Classic cheers

EDIT: Omega, when that does make sense, I will thank you. For now, however... Thinking
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:08 pm

I basicly gave Raistlin a guide for the next section of the game. Wouldn't be fun if it wasn't in code. Though I could decifer it for you guys if you wanted me too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIII

View previous topic View next topic Back to top