Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Final Fantasy XIII

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

Nation Reputation : 30

Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 10:54 am

Actually... I beat him on my first try Razz

Merciless Judgement never killed me once, though I always came within 100hp of death. And I never even saw the instant death attack. Maybe I was just lucky Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 5:47 pm

Same here. I saw the instant death attack, but it was aimed at a side character, not my main. Missed too.

*whisper*We should stop now before we make Omega feel bad. Embarassed

Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 Cobalt-1
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 6:41 pm

I agree.....

So did I mention I beat Orphan on the first stagger?

Oh wait Embarassed
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 11:12 am

It was Progenitorial Wrath that screwed me, even with three Cherubs crowns equiped. Merciless judgement was fine, especially since it was ALWAYS lead into by Iridescent Light or Consumate Darkness, which gave me more than enough time to switch into a set up that either absorbed the majority of the blow or healed it all up. The only other problem I had was that I would be close to staggering Orphan or would have just staggered him, then he would use Merciless Judgement to clear the chain gauge. I think the party I was using at first didn't help either (Lightning, Sahz, Vanille). Eventually beat him with Lightning, Hope, and Fang (two commandos helped a LOT).

Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 OmegaSig2
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 12:49 pm

Ouch. Just bad luck then. Sucks how there's ( I don't think) any way to be just plain immune to any status effects. Even the ribbon just does resistances. Mad
Kudos on getting that done, Omega. Ready for das Ubergrind now? Laughing

Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 3:47 pm

Jah. Taking a short break for now though, just to keep things from getting stale too quickly.

Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 OmegaSig2
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:28 pm

I picked this back up yesterday because I couldn't play shooters due to a bad eye Suspect

Anyways, I've been moving along well. Beat the Gigantuar (Hooray for Lucky Break! Very Happy= :D ) and the Neochu (Hooray for Death! Very Happy= :D) so I now have the Growth Egg, which is really helping me along. The whole grind thing is starting to be apparent, but I'm ok with it since it gives me a chance to watch some movies, which I haven't done in a while Razz

I just re-read that Adamantoise hunting post again, and I think I'll go for it. I completely forgot about that strategy and I'm not going to have a chance against any other Missions at the moment, so I might as well grind a bit more Very Happy= :D Off I go to level up Sazh Guns firing
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:35 pm

Best place to do your pre-grind grind (Rolling Eyes) is the King Behemoth & M-somethingorotherthatlookslikeagianttigerthing fight just down the incline before the entrance to the mines. Especially now that you have the growth egg.

Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:04 pm

Yeah, I did that little battle a lot. As well as Cactuars. I can basically just mash X for less than a minute, and get 10000cp for it Razz

I've failed my first few Adamantoise attempts, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. I have to be faster at casting my buffs, if I do that, then I should be fine Smile

EDIT: Ok, my characters just aren't strong enough yet. I tried many times, and got my strategy down to a T, but I still couldn't get him before he jumped up and got me Sad So it's time to go back to a pre-grind grind Sad
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:22 pm

Are you dismissing the eidolon immediately?
That can make a big difference.
When you are damaging him, are you filling the gauge up to 999%, or close to it before you start Cold Blooded (Sazh's special?) Don't be afraid to use an two Ravager one Commando team until he's really close to full. Dismissing the eidolon should give you enough time.
When I took this on, I believe I had filled all three of my primary roles for each character. Are you that far along yet?

Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:38 pm

I am very close to maxing all of their main roles, only 3 or 4 nodes left for each.

When you say dismiss the summon, are you refering to going into Gestault mode then using their final? That's the quickest way I've found to dismiss them, unless there is another way? Thinking

I can get the gauge up to 999%, but he kills me shortly after because he gets back up and then Sazh's Blitz doesn't work as well Sad
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:56 pm

Are you using the fully developed Hades Magnums? They really are required. Anything less and you won't likely make it.

Something you might try for now is Deathing that same adamantoise until it hits. That's a way to level without having to go all the way back through Eden.

Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:18 pm

My Magnums aren't quite at full yet. I've got a while to go on them, that's probably the reason why the tactic isn't working so well.

I'm tired of spamming Death, not reliable enough.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:24 pm

Very true, very true. I think I had it hit once on an turtle, and once on the Neochu. Out of about 60 attempts.
Oh, and do make sure not to further upgrade those Magnums formwise. Raise the stats, but don't 'evolve' it, for lack of a better word. lol

Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:33 pm

Ok, I'll make sure I don't 'evolve' them. I probably don't even have the stone you need to evolve it anyways...

Now it just sounds like we're talking about Pokemon Pikachu
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:35 pm

After you game long enough it all runs together. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:48 pm

Just at what I think is the last boss. Didnt have time to go through with it after beating Barthandelus so.....yeah. We shall see once I have time to give'er.

Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 Obsban10
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:50 pm

Nearly beaten the story? Good. Just a few more hours and you'll be through the tutorial. Razz

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:49 am

No doubt. I forgot to pick this game up again. I've reached the point where I'm "Meh" have more fun on the older ones.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 Eb1yq9
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:08 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Nearly beaten the story? Good. Just a few more hours and you'll be through the tutorial. Razz

I actually lol'ed at this Very Happy= :D

Good luck Raist, hunker down for a tough fight the first two forms, but then give it all for the last one. Get the enemies chain to full as quickly as possible then pound away with your strongest stuff. Shouldn't be too much of a problem for you, I beat it on my first try Razz

I'm going to fight Atticus at the moment, actually. I've got no strategy or anything, I'll see what happens when I get there Wink
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:03 am

Been playing this a lot lately. I'm in the Palamecia, in that big room with all the extending bridges/walkways and the seemingly endless fights with large numbers of PSICOM Dragoons and PSICOM Reavers (I really hate Missile Burst). I think I'm getting ready to fight the Primarch. Any advice, you guys? Apparently, Light+Sazh+Vanille is the route to go here. From what I've heard. Also, what's the best place to grind immediately after the boss? I'm gonna need a lot more CP for that expanded Crystarium.

A fool's fool fools fools who foolishly accept the foolishness of a fool's fool.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:06 am

I don't even remember the part you're talking about Thinking That was so long ago, before the endless grinding began Laughing

Once you get a chance to pick your characters, I went with Light+Fang+Hope. Very good group, apparently the best according to my friend's Strategy Guide.
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:31 am

I considered Hope, but he can't cast Haste like Sazh can. At least, not yet... I'm betting that will come once I'm done with this boss fight. Also, the ability to have a triple-RAV paradigm really helps to build the Stagger Meter.

A fool's fool fools fools who foolishly accept the foolishness of a fool's fool.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:38 am

Agreed, TriDisaster is an awesome paradigm Very Happy= :D

Hope does get Haste down the line, not sure when though. Once you unlock everyone's secondary classes, it becomes a lot easier to customize your paradigms and whatnot, but I did pretty well with Light+Fang+Hope. Sazh has pretty weak power (my Sazh has over 3000 strength but still does less damage than my Fang with like, 2500 strength.) But it all comes down to personal opinion I suppose.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:19 pm

For grinding, I'll say that you should only grind up to the point where you max you chrystarium each chapter. The things in the next chapter will always give out more CP. It's not until chapter 11 that there's a jump in difficulty that forces you to grind.
Once you get there, I'd suggest fighting little stuff until you can take down a King Behemoth without much trouble. That should properly prepare you for the tunnels.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIII

View previous topic View next topic Back to top